Home

2003 Ford Explorer forum

2003 ford explorer problem. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 6 of 6 Posts. J Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more! Full Forum Listing Ford Explorer Forum Since 2013 A forum community dedicated to Ford Explorer owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! 3.2K posts. 2.5K members. Join Community Our Top Forums View All. Introductions. 308. 1.3M. Explorer Forum. 626

2003 ford explorer problem Ford Forum

1. 2003 ford explorer no heat and clicking in dash. Clicking sound is your blend door actuator stripping it's gears and failing to open the door that directs the blower air through the heater core. Follow the sound to the actuator and remove it. Install a new one. You may have to remove some panels to get to it
  2. 2003 Ford Explorer Transmission issues. Check transmission and check engine light came on and overdrive off light is flashing. Took it to local AAMCO dealer and they say it needs rebuild for $3000 Another shop quoted $3500.00. It is slipping, but not jerking hard when switching gears. One shop said if it is driving okay to go ahead and drive it.
  3. View all. 2001 Ford Explorer problems. (11) View all. 2002 Ford Explorer problems. (14) View all. 2003 Ford Explorer problems. (16
  4. 04-04-2009, 07:54 PM. We noticed our 2003 Ford Explorer hatch cracked to the right of the Ford emblem, all the way from the glass to the bottom. My husband blamed our teenager, as he was the last to drive the car. I was in the car with him when he drove and knew he did not do anything wrong
  5. 2003 Ford Explorer Front End Vibration Drive Train Axles Bearings Problem 2003 Ford Explorer 6 Cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic I Have A 2003 Explorer With 4wd, V6, And... Asked by calvanosm Â

My 2003 ford explorer is blowing out cold air while on the heater setting. I also have a knocking/clicking from the dash board when the fan is on. I am not sure if this helps but the a/c did not blow out cold air in the summer The 2003 Ford Explorer has 3178 problems & defects reported by Explorer owners. The worst complaints are body / paint, transmission, and wheels / hubs problems

Ford Explorer Foru

Most recent by oldfarmer50 April 2 Ford. Need Residual and Money factor for Ford Explorer xlt. Closed 63 views 3 comments. 0 points. Most recent by kyfdx March 13 Ford. lease numbers for 2021 Explorer St near 01864. 17 views 1 comment. 0 points. Most recent by Michaell February 9 Ford Vehicle: Ford Explorer 2003 4.0 V6. Ford Explorer 2003 Modules Missing. Post by ctestama » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:18 pm. I'm using the scantool obdlink mx bluetooth, and I'm having trouble finding a module where I can access the door ajar PIDs. I believe I'm looking for the GEM module, but it is not listed. I'm attaching some screenshots of the. smartsnacker, 06/10/2012. XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A) 28 of 29 people found this review helpful. Over the past two years, my 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac seems to get vapor lock in the. Install. - Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums Serious Explorations® If you are looking for a quick lift that will help you get 31's on it then there you go. You can also get 3 coil spacers and new upper control arms here: BTF Fabrication I recently joined this forum to gain some knowledge on dual SAS and what I'm gonna need to do it

20 Most Recent 2003 Ford Explorer Questions & Answers - Fixy

2003 Ford Explorer Transmission issues - DoItYourself

2003 Ford Explorer Problems and Complaints - 16 Issue

Hey y'all, my names Mike, I'm from Central NJ, and this is my rig, it's a 2003 Ford Explorer, 4.0 V6, lifted 3 on 31's, so far the list of mods I have done to it: Roof rack w/ tools Brush guard w/ limb risers LED HB/LB and fog lights Uniden CB, w/ 4ft Firestik Front and rear 31 light bars.. Forums. Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums. Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup. 2003 Ford Explorer. Thread starter gary599; Start date Feb 19, 2007; Status Not open for further replies. 1; 2; 3; Next. 1 of 3 Go to page. 2003 Ford Explorer 4.6L V8 loses horsepower 1 Answer. Hello i bought a ford explorer 4.6L V8 sport utility 4wd and my wife went to buy it and it drove fine on the way home and then when she got 20miles from home it broke down. Put a new starter in, ch.. 1,050 Answers. Re: 2003 Ford Explorer Recirculation Door... The official method is to remove the dash, but that's an 8 hour job that involves discharging the A/C. A quicker and much cheaper method involves cutting open the bottom of the heater box, pulling out the blend door and replacing it with a new one. Dorman products makes one for about $30

2003 ford explorer cracked rear hatch - Car Chat Foru

Roy Jameson, owner of Freedom Automotive of Hesperia, CA, did the homemade Ford Neutral Kit for my vehicle. Cost was $50 labor for 45 minutes of work and $5 for a 12 volt LED light. This is an extremely easy fix to allow my 2003 Ford Explorer 4x4 with V8 to be a Dinghy vehicle If you are driving a 2003 Ford EXPLORER, or if you are planning to purchase one, then it is important that you review reported Suspension Front problems and defects.Total reports: 7. Various Complaints Involving The 2003 ford explorer Xlt.*mr Consumer Believed That Noise On Vehicle Was Coming From Rear. Repairs And/or Replacements Were Made On: Front And Rear Suspensions, Transfer Case, And. ok so i have a 2003 4x4 ranger. i was wondering if i baought a totoled 5.0 explorer would i beable to use that wire harness computer and motor and eve 2003 5.0 V8 swap questions - Ford Ranger Forum Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > Engine Tech Forum > 8-Cylinder Tec

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer with an intermittent starting problem. It has a relatively new starter that is still under warranty and it has been checked out by both Pep Boys (where it is under warranty) and the Ford dealer. They say they can find no problem with the starter or the electrical system 2002-2005 Thunderbird and 2003-2006 Lincoln LS have a nice sub frame too, but that's getting away from Explorer 2013 Ford Explorer Limited 2005 Ford F350 Lariat - crew/short/6.0 Ford Sport Trac owners forum & Sporttrac for sale classifieds. Ford Sport Trac forums for engine, transmission, tires, wheels, aftermarket

The following chart shows the 19 most common problems for 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling with 12 problems. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's electrical system (11 problems). Table 1. Common problems of the 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Ford Explorer for tall guy, Ford and Lincoln, 18 replies Cost to replace manual transmission with rebuilt? 2003 chevy Silverado, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC, 13 replies The New Ford Explorer???? Thoughts???, Ford and Lincoln, 31 replies '96 Ford Explorer key question, Ford and Lincoln, 6 replies Overkill at Ford? The new Explorer, Ford. Forums. Automotive Center. Automotive Support. 2003 Ford Explorer sport wont start!!! Jump to Latest Follow Status Not open for further replies. 1 - 3 of 3 Posts. A. Alexandra8190 · Registered. Joined Mar 4, 2010 · 4 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Mar 4, 2010. From 1991-1994 the Ford Explorer platform came with a full ladder type frame based on the tough Ford Ranger platform, an extremely tough 8.8 31 spline rear axle, Dana 35 Twin Traction Beam (TTB) front suspension (axle diameters and U-joints are the same as a Dana 44), choice of a manual or electronic shift BW1354 transfer case with low range.

That is one slick looking explorer!! I also have a 2003 Explorer and I was about to post asking for suggestions on where a good place to mount a scanner would be. Before I did I ran a search and found this post.. NICE!! I only have one major question. I'd like to know how you routed all of your wires. You weren't paranoid. The automotive forums have a lot of these stories. My family just sold an '05 Explorer as a basket case because of Chains. Ford had this 4.0 V6 Pushrod Engine. Ford of Germany said We can hop this thing up with Overhead Camshafts. And they did. In a Vee-Design engine, one cylinder bank is a little forward of the other My 2003 Ford Explorer XLT is a 4 door with auto transmission and a V8. My 4x4 system has 3 buttons on the dash labeled 4x4 Auto, 4x4 High, and 4x4 Low. I have only used my 4x4 system a few times, but it was a lifesaver when I did need it

difference between 2WD vs 4WD ford explorer. mikeh...@mailcity.com. 5/17/00 12:00 AM. With 2WD 100% of the available torque (turning force) is. delivered through the rear wheels. With 4WD 70% of the. available torque is delivered to the rear wheels and 30% is. diverted to the front wheels P0300 is a very common OBDII codes that occurs in the Ford Explorer. It stands for: P0300 is certainly a cause for concern, and can be a threat to the drivability the Ford Explorer. It will often be accompanied by codes P0301-P0308. These particular codes also indicate that there is a misfire detected, but they specify the specific cylinder Ford Explorer PDF Service Repair Manuals. 1994 Ford Explorer FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS MANUAL Download Now. 1994 Ford Explorer SPINDLE AND SHAFT ASSEMBLY Download Now. 1997-2006 Ford Explorer Sport 2-dr Overhead Console Download Now. 1997 Ford Explorer Mountaineer Intake Manifold Download Now

Ford Explorer The Ford Explorer is a sport utility vehicle produced by the American manufacturer Ford since 1990. The Ford Explorer went on to become one of the most popular sport utility vehicles on the road. The model years through 2010 were traditional body-on-frame, mid-size SUVs 2004 Ford Ranger FX4 automatic 4.0, 2011 Ford F150 XLT, 2003 Ford Mustang convertible, 1965 Ford Mustang coupe Last edited by Varilux; 08-20-2017 at 05:20 PM . Varilu

2003 Ford Explorer Vibration Above 60MPH: a Few Months Ago

A 2003 Ford Explorer is REAR wheel drive ( and if it has the Control-Trac 4x4 system , and it is set on 4x4 AUTO , if the back wheels were to slip then some of the power is transferred to the. 2011+ Explorer's created by PlatinumOwner from the Explorer forum 2017+ Ford Super Duty models F250, F350 and F450 created by EpicCowlick from Ford Trucks forum. 2013+ Ford Flex FORScan mod spreadsheet - not maintained anymore. 2010+ Ford Taurus FORScan mod spreadsheet - page seems to be removed by authors. If you know new address, please let.

Research the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport at Cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory 2002 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV. 210-horsepower 4.0L V6 5-speed automatic RWD. 154000 mi. US $7000. car started slipping, jerking and lurching. brake band was discovered broken in half along with most of the gears and plates worn out.Repair shop repaired the transmission by replacing the worn out and broken components I have a Ford Explorer 2003 XLT v6. I suddenly noticed the steering wheel becomes stiff sometimes and also becomes flexible almost immediately. Sometimes I step on the accelerator and.

2004 Ford F150 Rough Idle/Lean codes - Ford F150 Forum

Ford Explorer Air Conditioner and Heater Problems - Car Forum

Mar 6, 2016 - So i assume most of you third gen guys have seen my bumper :p: Now it is not for sale! but... i wanna hear how much you would pay for the.. Guaranteed to Fit. $95.95. +$0.00. Core Charge. Add to cart. Vehicle Fitment. 2003 Ford Explorer All Submodels All Engines Body Position 3. Product Details. Warranty : Lifetime Dorman limited warranty Replaces OE Number : 1L2Z1000154AA, 1L2Z1000155AA, N805075S40, W706534S436 Quantity Sold : Kit Ford Explorer. Ford Explorer Sport. chevron. A chevron arrow pointing down. View 33 photos. MSRP range $28,210-$35,590. Consumer rating. 4.7 (51 reviews) Combined MPG 15-16 This item is a 2003 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC INSTRUMENT DIMMER LIGHT SWITCH DIAL OEM 2001-2005. It was removed from a 2003 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4.0L 2WD, with WHITE paint and TAN interior and an AUTOMATIC transmission. Most parts will interchange with the years listed, but we cannot be held responsible if they do not. Please note what our parts came off of to help determine your interchange

2003 Ford Explorer Problems, Defects & Complaint

Excellent replacement for your worn out or faulty part Designed to restore original performance and reliability. $9.86 - $14.28. National® Transfer Case Output Shaft Repair Sleeve. 0. # 2631716891. Ford Explorer with Part-Time Transfer Case 2003, Transfer Case Output Shaft Repair Sleeve by National® Ford Explorer II Specs. Ford Explorer II has been in production since 1995 - 2003. Cars comes in Off-road vehicle body types and can be suited with Petrol (Gasoline) engine types with a volume of 4L - 4.9L liters, engines produces a power of 155 - 213 Hp. Fuel consumption of Ford Explorer II is 13.3 l/100 km - 18.2 l/100 km Download Ebook Free 2003 Ford Explorer Owners Manual Free 2003 Ford Explorer Owners Manual Thank you entirely much for downloading free 2003 ford explorer owners manual.Most likely you have knowledge that, people have look numerous time for their favorite books behind this free 2003 ford explorer owners manual, but end up in harmful downloads Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator - 2003 Ford Explorer XLT conflicting torque specs - Hi All, first time to these forums. I have some conflicting information. I just bought a MasterPro Bearing/Seal - Wheel Bearing And Hub Assembly from O'Reilly's for my front end and it came with a torque spec for the bolts.. 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Cranks No Start Then Starts. I have a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0L V6 with ~120K miles and the truck runs fine for several weeks then coming out of the store, the engine cranks and does not start. This has happened 4 times since last summer. Every time it has happened, I had the truck towed ($$$) to a garage to look at.

I recently purchased a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT V6, I have noticed a shudder or vibration whenever I pull into or out of a parking space or turn a corner after stopping. It doesn't do this when the wheels are straight, only when they are turned, at normal speed this doesn't happen, only when I am going less than 5 MPH in drive or reverse Hello everyone, I have a 2003 Ford explorer XLT 4.6 liter V8, done a tune up on it a few weeks ago and have had 1 bad coil pack out of the bunch. Replaced #8 coil pack. Yesterday headed home from work, it drove fine till i got about 5 minutes from the house. Noticed it started to misfire and then the MIL light came on with P0316, and P0302

Borgeson Power Steering - Ford Mustang Forum

Would you guys be able to tell me what the Latch weight limit is on a 2003 Ford Explorer? I checked the owners manual but it did not specify? I am worried that my daughter is over and that I should start seat belting her Nautilus in. Thanks, Laur Ford Explorer won't start. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 15 of 15 Posts Joined Apr 19, 2003 A forum community dedicated to custom off-road vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about trail reports, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fabrication, drivetrain, and more!.

Where is the PCV valve in my 03 F150 4

Ford Authority is a must-read for Ford news, Ford rumors, Ford reviews, and information about Ford and Lincoln vehicles.. Join others in discussing Ford and Lincoln in our Ford and Lincoln Forums and browse photos of Ford and Lincoln vehicles in our Ford and Lincoln pictures gallery.. Please note that Ford Authority is a product of Motrolix LLC and is not sponsored, owned, or in any other way. 2003 Ford Explorer Manual transmission disappeared from the four-door Ford Explorer powertrain chart, but optional all-wheel drive returned for 2003 and a new DVD entertainment system was available. Also new were V6 and V8 NBX models that tilted to outdoor enthusiasts with a standard roof-mounted cargo basket, unique paint and trim, and a soft.

Used 2003 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews - 349 Car Reviews

i tried to install the rear tensioner timing chain in a ford explorer 2003, engine 4.0 sohc, but i have the problem that the tensioner no straight in the block because the thread of the block is damaged so i need to know what can i do to repair the problem, now the car is leaking engine oil in that place We tow a 2003 Ford Explorer four wheels down. The Dealership needs to install a Neutral Tow kit to make it towable. The set up to put it into neutral tow only takes a couple of steps. This kit only works for the 4X4 models prior to 2011 when Ford changed the transmissions. We have had good luck towing this vehicle for the last 7 years 2003 FORD EXPLORER, slips od planets spacers are worn,the sun gear has 38 teeth. I heard that you can replace these with the 24 tooth style if you use the entire planet.. Since 2003 Dan Ferrell has contributed general and consumer-oriented news to television and the Web. His work has appeared in Texas, New Mexico and Miami and on various websites. Ferrell is a certified automation and control technician from the Advanced Technology Center in El Paso, Texas 4.0 2003 Ford Explorer Transmission Replacement. Rare Video on how this is done. Its a lot of work and this is probably why no one has did a video on this. N..

I own a 1999 Explorer...I think some of them got a new sticker after the tire debacle, I'll send u a PM with what the updated placarded tire pressure is. The 26psi was the reason for the roll overs imo, since the tire mfg. recommended higher pressures to avoid blowouts, and ford posted a very low tire pressure to off set their top heavy SUV The 2002-2009 Ford Explorer transmission is absolute garbage. I just replaced mine last spring with a Jasper transmission. I will never buy a Ford again after my experience with this truck. FYI, I've heard complaints about the engine life too on the Explorer forum https://amzn.to/2ZaFbH8After filling up the gas tank in this 2005 Ford Explorer I I jumped in the car, tried to put the car into drive and the gear shifter j.. Ford Explorer P0442 Causes. There are many things that can cause the P0442 trouble code on the Ford Explorer. The most common problem is far and away the first one listed below. EVAP Canister Purge Valve- The most common culprit with the P0442 trouble code and the Ford Explorer is going to be the vapor canister purge valve. When it goes bad. I have a 98 Explorer with a 5,0 V8. Where should I start on getting more pperformance from it. Joined Jun 1, 2003 A forum community dedicated to Ford performance owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about popular models such as the Mustang, Galaxie, Falcon, Fairlane, Torino, Shelby and many more!.

2003 Ford explorer rear grinding noise Boating Forum

** Note ** This vehicle is a 2003 4X4 XLT. It will apply to any 2002-2005 Explorer, 2wd AND 4wd. This is just a very brief rundown of how I changed my upper ball joints on my 2003 4×4 XLT: Total time for me: 2 hours (only air tools used were to remove wheel, everything else by hand) Ford Explorer Sport Trac Reliability Problems. Explorer Sport Trac owners have made 436 complaints over 10 model years. Using our PainRank™ system we've ranked it 29th in overall reliability out of 42 Ford models, with real transmission and engine concerns 46 for sale starting at $3,500. 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac For Sale. 30 for sale starting at $1,500. 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac For Sale. 31 for sale starting at $4,990. 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac For Sale. 18 for sale starting at $2,795. 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac For Sale. 22 for sale starting at $1,999

Ford Explorer Sport 2001-2003 Service Repair Workshop Manual Download Pdf. FORD EXPLORER 1991-2001 SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL. FORD VEHICLES 2000-2004 ALL MODELS FACTORY SERVICE MANUALS (Free Preview, Total 5.4GB, Searchable Bookmarked PDFs, Original FSM Contains Everything You Will Need To Repair Maintain Your Vehicle! Ford Explorer was introduced in 1991. This model has four versions (Ford Explorer w/Prox, Ford Explorer w/Reg. Ignition, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Ford Explorer Sport) and eleven types of keys. Remote Key Fobs: 2010 to 2021. Transponder Chip Keys: 1998 to 2021. Non-Transponder Keys: 1991 to 1998 Electrical System Problem on the 2003 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC. Car problem(s) with the 2003 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC. This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process

MM Full-Review: 2020 Ford Explorer - ClubLexus - LexusFord Truck Tent Options - Ford-Trucks

Explorer Forum. March 11, 2020 ·. Be sure to check out our upgraded forum at https://www.explorerforum.com. Lot's of new features! Ford Explorer and Ranger technicians online. EcoBoost tuning. Lincoln Aviator forums. Serious Explorations Offroad events. Ford Explorer 4x4 and rock crawler modifications I was wondering if anyone know the fuse number to the windows of a 2003 Ford Explorer. If you could help that would be great! Thank yo This specific photograph (1993 E350 Dtc's - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums in 2003 Ford Explorer Engine Diagram) above is labelled using: 2003 ford explorer 4.0 engine diagram, 2003 ford explorer 4.6 engine diagram, 2003 ford explorer engine diagram, . placed by admin with June, 5 2015