five iMessage features you need to know
iMessage contains many options that are not known to the general public. Discover five ways to master Apple’s instant messaging service like a boss.
Simple at first glance, the iMessage application is more complex than it seems, as it has many possibilities. To take advantage of this, first make sure that your device (iPhone, iPad) is equipped with the latest update of the Apple operating system: iOS 16.
If your device doesn’t download and install updates automatically, do it manually using a Wi-Fi connection. To check if an update is available for your device:
- Settings > General > Software Update
- If not, click “Download” and “Install”. Enter the iPhone unlock code and accept the terms of service
- The device reboots to install the update
Cancel or modify a message that has already been sent
Typos in iMessages are no longer a deal breaker. Now, just like WhatsApp, you can correct a typo 15 minutes after sending. Only five modifications are possible and your correspondent will be aware of the mission modification.
- Long press the message and select the “Edit” tab to edit the text
If your recipient is using iOS 16, a small “Edited” label will appear below the message in question. On the other hand, if his device is running an older version and you change it, he will still be able to see the original text and will simply receive a second message with the revised text.
It is also possible to unsend an iMessage. The control is the same as the replacement: click on the message in question, then select “Unsend”. The message will disappear. Don’t delay: you only have two minutes to complete the transaction.
Recover recently deleted messages
Deleted a message by mistake? No problem, it’s recoverable: iPhone keeps deleted messages for 30 days.
- Go to Settings > Messages > Show “Recently Deleted”.
Select the messages you want to recover, then select “Recover”.
Save animated Memoji
A fun feature. Memojis, which are customized animated avatars that can mimic your voice and facial expressions, can be sent via iMessage.
- In a conversation, tap the Memoji icon and select the one you want
- Tap the red note button to write your message and animate the Memoji
- Press the record button again to stop and send the Memoji
Watch and listen to the content together
Since the release of iOS 16, Apple users who have subscribed to a streaming service or purchased content (movies or music) in the App Store can share their view with friends in real time via iMessage thanks to the Share Play function.
First, make sure this feature is enabled. For him:
- Settings > Message > Facetime > Share Game
- Search for a movie, song or series in a compatible app (Apple TV, Apple Music…).
- Share > Share game
- Select the contacts of interested persons and press the “Message” icon
Media playback starts at the same time for everyone accessing the content. Please note: in order to benefit from the session, your interlocutors must subscribe to the service, if the latter requires a subscription.
Dictate the text
Why type a note using the keyboard when you can say it out loud? To perform this manipulation, first activate the option:
- Settings > General > Keyboard > Enable Dictation
- Tap the microphone icon at the bottom right of the screen, then just say your speech.