All the news of One UI 5.1, the Galaxy S23 software that will reach other Samsung phones
Thanks to the One UI 5.1 leak, we already know the new software features coming to the Samsung Galaxy S23.
The launch of the Samsung Galaxy S23 is fast approaching. On February 1, the South Korean company will finally celebrate the long-awaited Unpacked 2023 event, where it will show the world a new generation of flagship smartphones equipped with the latest innovations in terms of technical indicators.
But apart from the hardware news, the Galaxy S23 series will also get One UI 5.1, the new version of the company’s software, which is revealed today thanks to a leak today.
From the German portal WinFuture, they show us what will be the news of One UI 5.1, which will debut with the Galaxy S23 series. In addition, they confirm that, as in previous years, this new part will not be exclusive to the S23 series, but will eventually reach the company’s older models.
One UI 5.1 will be available on older Samsung models
As expected, One UI 5.1 won’t be a big change from what we saw in One UI 5. Instead, Samsung would focus on improving some important aspects of the operating system and improving some of its features. new Galaxy. S23 series. Below is the official One UI 5.1 changelog:
- Changing the color of a selfie is now easier: just change the color of your selfies with the “Effects” button on the side of the screen.
- Quick access to Expert RAW: With Expert RAW, you can capture high-quality images without processing or compression, perfect for those who want to edit images later. Access to Expert RAW is now easier thanks to the “Advanced” menu.
- Together Family Album – Shared Family Album makes it easier than ever to share photos with your family. The gallery recommends photos that you can add to your shared family album by recognizing the faces of your family members. You also get 5GB of storage space per family member (up to 6 people).
- Enhanced processing: Processing automatically removes shadows and glare so your images look great. You can also recreate GIFs for better resolution and clarity.
- Convenient information display: If you clear when viewing a photo or video in your gallery, you can see at a glance when and where the photo was taken, on which device, where it was saved, and more. You can see it again.
- Search has become more efficient: now you can search for more than one person or item. You can even search for people without entering their name by clicking on their face.
- Choose a location to save screenshots: Now you can save screenshots and screenshots to a folder of your choice by installing screenshots in advanced features.
- AR space and AR emoji:
- Use 3 emojis in AR Emoji Camera: Take funny photos and videos with your friends (up to 3 people) in mask mode. You can replace your friends’ faces with other characters by clicking on the emoji.
- Design and editing improvements in AR Doodle: Brushes are now available for faster access to the main AR Doodle screen. You can also resize and move drawings after you create them, and with the new eraser tool, you can erase just part of your drawings without erasing them entirely.
- New Battery Widget With the new battery widget, you can check the battery level of your Galaxy devices. Right on the main screen, you can see how much battery your smartphone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch and other compatible devices have.
- Intuitive Weather Widget A new illustration style and current weather summary make it easy to see weather information, whether it’s sunny, cloudy, rainy or snowy.
- Modes and Scenarios:
- Different wallpapers depending on the mode: Set different wallpapers on the lock screen and home screen depending on your current activities. If you set different modes, choose a background for work, choose one for sports and more.
- Other conditions and actions for scenarios. Have scripts run automatically when you turn on airplane mode or mobile hotspot. Scripts can now open certain apps, adjust left/right audio balance, and more. With new actions, you can now control quick sharing and touch sensitivity, as well as change the ringtone and font style.
- Collaboration in Samsung Notes: Create a shared note that multiple people can edit at the same time. Write a report with colleagues, take notes for a study group, or take a picture with a friend. The possibilities are endless.
- Easily invite to shared apps: Now you can easily invite people to share albums, notes, and calendars using a shared link between apps like Messenger, email, and social media.
- Enhanced multi-control between Galaxy Book and smartphone Now you can use a Galaxy Book mouse, keyboard or trackpad not only with your Galaxy tablet, but also with your Galaxy smartphone. You can easily copy and paste text and drag and drop images from one device to another as the same device.
- Media output for WLAN speakers If you want to continue playing music on Wi-Fi speakers via Spotify Connect and the built-in Chromecast™, simply open the media output via the quick access toolbar instead of through the music apps.
- Continue browsing on computer If you use Samsung Internet, browse the Internet on your smartphone and then continue browsing on your computer, you can find the websites you opened on your smartphone and continue browsing with the computer browser.
- Samsung DeX:
- Improved multi-viewing in DeX In split-screen mode, you can now drag the splitter to the middle of the screen to resize both windows. You can also fit the window to one of the corners so that it takes up a quarter of the screen.
- Recruitment Tips Tips are now displayed at the top of the settings screen and provide information about useful features to try or settings that require your attention so you can enable or test them immediately.
- Samsung Web:
- Advanced search You can now search for folder names in bookmarks or group names in tabs. Improved search logic allows you to find what you’re looking for, even if something is misspelled.
- Setup wizard:
- Faster and easier initial setup of your new Galaxy device If you’re switching from a Galaxy or another Android device to a new Galaxy, simply scan the QR code from your old device to your Wi-Fi networks, and your Samsung account and Google account will automatically be transferred to that network. new device without entering anything.
- Detailed weather information at a glance Useful weather information is now displayed on the main screen of the weather app. You can view severe weather warnings, daily weather reports, hourly precipitation and color temperature charts.
- Bixby Text Calls Use Bixby Text Calls to automatically answer calls and learn the purpose of the call. You can see what the caller is saying in the text conversation, and you can tap or type responses that are read aloud to the caller. Bixby text calls are only available in English and Korean.
According to the leaked information, Samsung plans to bring One UI 5.1 to a large number of devices beyond the Galaxy S23, including older Galaxy S, Galaxy Z, and Galaxy A series models. However, some of the features introduced with this update will be exclusive to the Galaxy S23. .
Relax, discover the evolution of the number of smartphones sold by the brand over time in the video below: