▷ How to grow your business with a podcast?
Podcasting has become an increasingly popular way for businesses to gain exposure and grow their business. If you are an entrepreneur looking for new ways to promote your brand and reach new customers, this article may interest you!
What is a podcast?
A podcast is audio content that is broadcast on the Internet, usually in the form of a series, and can be downloaded or listened to by streaming.
Podcasts can cover a variety of topics, from sports to entrepreneurship to gardening. There are podcasts on every topic imaginable.
Why are you interested in it?
The numbers speak for themselves. In 2022 alone, 200 million podcast episodes are listened to each month in France (March 2022).
On average, 1 in 2 French people listen to it regularly. In other words, 50% of your prospects and customers already listen to podcasts. This is the main channel to attract attention at a low cost.
Grow your business with podcasts
Why use a podcast to grow your business?
There are many reasons why podcasting is a powerful tool to increase your income.
First, it allows you to connect with your audience in a more personal and engaging way.
By regularly posting quality audio content, you can build a community loyal fans who will follow your brand closely and who will be more likely to buy your products or services.
In addition, the podcast allows you to share your experience and know-how with large and target audiences.
Whether you’re a personal development coach, marketer, or e-commerce entrepreneur, you can use your podcast to position your brand as a company. authority in your field etc attract new customers.
Finally, podcasting is a tool relatively cheap promote your business and promote yourself.
If you’re already producing great content for your blog or website, it’s easy to turn it into podcast episodes and stream it to popular platforms like Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Podcasts.
How to launch your own podcast and increase your visibility?
Here are some steps you can take to start your own podcast and grow your business:
- Define your concept and goal
Before you start producing your podcast, it’s important to think carefully about your concept and your target audience.
What content will you offer and who is it for? What is the purpose of your podcast? Want to share your expertise in a particular field, chat with guests, or simply entertain your audience?
- Choose your name and theme
The title and theme of your podcast are two key elements that will contribute to your brand identity and your audience’s experience.
Take the time to think of a name that is both catchy and representative of your content.
The topic of your podcast should be relevant to your audience and concept, while leaving plenty of room for flexibility and creativity.
Strive to find a balance between originality and relevance to stand out from the competition.
- Invest in quality equipment
To produce a quality podcast, you need some basic equipment, such as a quality microphone and audio recording and editing software.
It is important not to neglect this aspect, as the quality of your voice will directly affect the experience of your audience.
If you don’t have the budget to invest in professional equipment, it’s still possible to find affordable solutions that allow you to produce quality content.
- Create your website and homepage
After you’ve written and edited your first episode, it’s time to create your website and homepage.*
This will allow you to present your podcast professionally and give your listeners a place where they can access all of your episodes and learn about your brand.
You can use an online service like WordPress or Squarespace to easily create your website.
*Having a popular podcast will drive traffic to your website and improve its SEO.
- Promote your podcast
In order for your podcast to be successful, it is important to promote it effectively.
You can use social media to share your episodes and connect with your audience, but it’s also important to submit your podcast to popular directories and streaming platforms like Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Podcasts.
You can also use targeted online advertising to reach new listeners and exchange ads with other podcasts in your niche.
Grow your business by speaking on podcasts in your industry
You can also increase your brand awareness and find new customers by tapping into podcasts in your industry.
Here’s what you can do to help grow your business with podcasting:
- Identify podcasts that are right for your business and target audience. Search popular streaming platforms or use online podcast search tools to find shows that may be of interest to your business.
- Prepare your line. Before contacting podcast hosts, prepare a short, concise pitch that explains who you are, what your company does, and why you’d be a great guest on their show.
- Contact podcast hosts and offer your participation. You can contact podcast hosts by email or social media message to offer your participation. Don’t forget to add your page and give them some ideas about topics you can talk about.
- Prepare for the interview. Once you’ve been invited to appear on the podcast, prepare for the interview by thinking about the points you want to cover and preparing specific examples to illustrate your point.
- Promote your presence at the show on social media and on your website. After the show is published, don’t forget to promote it on social media and on your website to increase its exposure. You can also share the show with your mailing list and target audience to reach more people.
- By appearing on podcasts in your industry, you can not only promote your business to a target audience, but also share your experience and know-how with a wider audience. This can be a great way to grow your business and attract new customers.
Bonus: identify the “trending” topics of the moment with related keywords to create relevant content and appear more easily in search results.
Creating podcasts is a powerful way to increase brand awareness and reach new customers.
If you’re a business owner looking for new ways to promote your brand, starting a podcast could be a solution to incorporate into your marketing strategy.
By following the steps above, you should be able to launch your podcast and grow your business effectively.
Feel free to leave a comment below this article to let us know what you think about it or to come back to a point.