3 trends to watch for your influencer marketing strategy
A few weeks ago we presented a white paper on the 10 influencer marketing trends proposed by Stellar, today we propose to focus on 3 of these trends: live, virtual worlds and gamification…
Download a free white paper with 10 influencer marketing trends for 2023
1: Live success: when influencers play a live card
Authenticity, high engagement rate and visibility, these are the main advantages of live streaming. Tired of filters and other retouching, internet users want something real, something alive. All social platforms have launched and there are more and more formats. Be it the BeReal app (2022 hit), Dual Cam on Snapchat, TikTok Now, chats during Twitch streams or even Linkedin life, the use of “live” formats is increasing.
Internet users are actually looking for these formats and the results in terms of links are:
- 64% of viewers would buy products recommended by streamers on Twitch.
- 28% of influencers have become the heart of a live marketing strategy.
- 1 million people tuned in during Formula 4 Grand Prix GP Explorer live on Twitch by YouTubeur Squeezie.
Live breaks all records.
5 tips to take advantage of this trend:
- Identify the right “hosts”: social influencers with experience in this format, or customers and employees of the company with good knowledge of your product.
- Make your life a regular meeting. Consistency and the announcement effect will be the two keys to success.
- Choose the right type of content: corporate backstage, new product launch, interview… It’s up to you to choose the most suitable format for live streaming.
- Take advantage of interactivity: stay connected through chat, start live calls…
- Think cross-platform: post to your different accounts and influencers’ accounts at the same time.
Click here to find tips and reviews for going live with the Stellar white paper
2: Virtual worlds: tomorrow’s effective marketing beyond social networks
Networks are no longer the only social space. Open the way to virtual worlds (metaverses), new directions of choice for marketing devices.
In full swing, digital giants are investing massively to develop the future of digital: $120 billion flowed into the metaverse in 2022, more than double that of 2021, and it is estimated to be worth $5 trillion by 2030.
Sandbox, Somnium space, Decentraland… Influencers are starting to invest in these new platforms. 56% of influencers claim they are already active, 90% are willing to promote a brand there, and 70% believe the metaverse will eventually replace social networks.
Of course, the real world currently has more influence, but the future will be hybrid.
Here are some examples of using Metaverse:
- Travis Scott’s Fortnite concert was watched by 12 million people and sold over 3 million products.
- Metaverse Music Festival 2022, a music festival held in Decentraland last November.
- Or Mattel selling toys that have been transformed into avatars on Roblox in the form of NFTs.
It’s time to experiment. Test, experiment with your brand to be ready when the time comes.
3 tips to take advantage of this trend:
- Adopt innovative strategies and plan for testing cycles: the metaverse should be part of leaders’ strategic discussions.
- Surround yourself with web3 com agencies especially NFTs specialists to test and develop skills.
- Prepare for Metaverse data: rules, collection and use… document capabilities.
Click here to find tips and reviews for getting started in the Metaverse
3: Gamification, experiences, challenges: captivate your community
Gamification is not limited to video games. By being integrated into influencer marketing operations, it increases engagement. Thus, studies reveal a 100% higher engagement rate as soon as game mechanics are used.
In the context of over-demanding advertising, viewers are increasingly indifferent to messages, and gamification comes to the rescue. Indeed, followers are no longer passive and love to participate in challenges and challenges initiated by brands and influencers.
In addition to engagement, there are also conversion and retention rates when gamification is enabled.
Example : As part of the “Coca-Cola Shake” campaign launched in Hong Kong, the brand combined advertising space and game in the mobile app. The concept was simple: every evening, a commercial was shown encouraging viewers to shake their phones as quickly as possible from the mobile app to get a discount on their next purchase. The result : the app broke the record for native app downloads for iOS in one day, and the TV ad garnered more than 9 million views.
With contests on Instagram, challenges and challenges on TikTok, and live streams on Twitch and BeReal, Stellar’s white paper will give you interesting examples of how to surf the gamification wave.
5 tips to take advantage of this trend:
- Keep it simple to make engagement easier.
- Find the most suitable device for your community.
- Reward participants through a reward system.
- Encourage interaction by connecting with subscribers.
- Frame the marketing campaign by creating a sense of urgency around the game.
Click here to find tips and reviews for setting up your gamification
Download the 2023 Influencer Marketing Trends White Paper for free.
Stellar is a French-Belgian leader in influencer marketing since 2015, operating successfully from offices in Paris, Brussels and Copenhagen. Stellar offers simple and innovative solutions for companies and organizations to collaborate with the right influencers, launch and measure successful social influencer campaigns and ROIs with 2 solutions:
Stars Agency, offers a range of services: from influencer campaigns to media relations and social account management
Star Platform, a SaaS solution
If you want to professionalize your influencer marketing strategy and save time managing and tracking your campaigns, this is definitely the tool you need!
You have the option to try it for free or request a demo on their website.
Article written in collaboration with Stellar