Make a difference with a team passionate about giving Canadians access to their democratic institutions. The Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC) is Canada’s window on the country’s parliament, politics and public affairs. As the only national, bilingual broadcaster devoted exclusively to politics, CPAC is a unique media organization in Canada.
We are looking to hire a Bilingual Communications and Marketing Coordinator for our innovative and talented team.
Located in Ottawa, just steps away from Parliament Hill, our company is looking to hire an enthusiastic and creative individual to help us execute our communications and marketing strategies. As part of a dynamic and ambitious team, you will have exciting opportunities to increase awareness of CPAC’s programming and support internal communications efforts.
The successful candidate will actively support and advise internal stakeholders on communications and marketing initiatives.
The current manager reports to the Communications and Marketing department. He will perform the following tasks:
- Develop and deliver engaging and visually appealing communications and marketing materials, including content for web, social media, print, SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing) and others;
- Coordinate advertising and promotional campaigns including production, clearance, budget tracking and planning;
- Monitor the performance of CPAC’s advertising and promotional campaigns and prepare relevant reports as required;
- Support internal communication efforts
- Ensure consistent application of CPAC brand standards and ensure that photos, logos and videos are used in accordance with industry best practices;
- Collaborate with colleagues, agencies, freelancers and suppliers;
- Attend weekly meetings with communications, marketing and editorial teams.
Qualities and skills of the ideal candidate:
- Driven by a thorough understanding of digital marketing and a passion for creating creative, original, targeted and effective content;
- Thorough understanding of social and digital media environments;
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills in both official languages;
- Be passionate about data exploration;
- The ability to demonstrate great versatility and flexibility in the implementation of the company’s operational priorities;
- Ability to prioritize, demonstrate initiative and report issues to campaign managers in a timely manner;
- Having strong organizational and coordination skills;
- Be collegial and demonstrate team spirit;
- Must be able to work occasional overtime and shifts as needed;
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution or have equivalent work experience;
- Perform similar functions for at least two years;
- Experience in politics and the broadcasting industry is an asset.
This regular full-time position comes with competitive benefits.
Please send us your application to:
1750-45 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Attn: Patricia Hutton, Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
CPAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees.