Viva Technology and Global Sports Week join forces for the 1st European meeting of innovation in sports
Paris, 8 December 2022 – Viva Technology, Europe’s largest start-up and technology event, enriches the programming of its 2023 edition and joins forces with Global Sports Week, the first international forum for the sports ecosystem in France, to create a special space. Over 9,000 m²: The Future of Sport.
The next edition of Viva Technology will take place from 14-17 June 2023 at Paris Porte de Versailles and will bring together innovation, technology and business leaders for the first time, bringing together all the players involved in positive transformation. from sports.
Faced with a global revolution that includes economic, environmental, social and digital transformation, sport, valued at more than $800 billion worldwide, must reinvent itself more than ever to develop and strengthen its positive impact.
100 days after the Rugby World Cup and a year after the Olympic and Paralympic Games, in the heart of the world’s sports capital, Paris, the Future of Sport will be a unique place in the world for inspiration, business opportunities, unprecedented meetings. collaboration for sports decision makers and innovation and technology leaders.
Specifically, this means 4 days of conferences, debates and collective seminars with the participation of internationally renowned speakers and experts, as well as an exclusive demonstration of the best Sport Tech solutions and innovations:
● Improving the performance and experience of top athletes and all practitioners (data, equipment, related facilities, security, etc.);
● Transformation of sports equipment industry and trade (technology in the service of design, customization, logistics, circulation, etc.);
● Transformation in the organization and broadcasting of major sports events (management and delivery models, new competition formats, new media formats, connected stadium, blockchain, security, etc.);
● New sports economy (responsible sponsorship, new financing models, digital marketing, new media rights, etc.);
● Commitment and experience of fans, especially new generations (role of athletes, NFT, metaverse, influence, etc.);
● Electronic sports;
● Ecological transformation of sports (new energy and efficiency in mechanical and marine sports, green technology, etc.);
● Innovation serving social issues (disability, equality, inclusion, health, wellbeing, education)
“As France prepares to host the world’s biggest sporting events and the sector is experiencing an unprecedented transformation thanks to technology and digital, we wanted to put innovation in sport at the center of VivaTech’s 2023 edition. Our association with Global Sports Week, the main indicator of the sector, allows us to offer a unique meeting in Europe within the framework of the event for all players who want to discover the most promising innovations and solutions in sports, develop new economic opportunities and benefit from exclusive sports opportunities. meetings with the best of the global technology and digital ecosystem, startups, large groups, media and investors », explains François Bitouze, managing director of Viva Technology.
“More than ever, sports are in the spotlight. Its leaders have the opportunity, and even the obligation, to revise their models in order to develop with the expected positive impact on many social and environmental issues. From 2020, Global Sports Week brings together the entire international sports ecosystem to build the future of sports together. Our partnership with Viva Technology, an unmissable event for innovation, gives a new dimension to the Global Sports Week by offering all sports players the opportunity to share their problems, create synergies, meet with experts to find new solutions. technologies, researchers, investors and economic leaders brought together by Viva Technology”, Adds Lucien Boyer, President and Co-Founder of Global Sports Week.