▷ 5 direct marketing techniques for a successful campaign
Direct marketing, which is especially valued by many companies, has proven itself for several years long before the birth of the digital age. This communication strategy is used to connect directly with your target, motivate them and motivate them to take action. Certain techniques must be applied to be successful…
1. Define your target
Use tools like CRM to personalize your targeting. Throughout the customer journey, take the time to collect a variety of data to better match them in your database:
- Products viewed;
- Its purchase date;
- Their contact information, including their contacts, email addresses, last name, first name, etc. ;
- His behavior on the Internet;
- His interests;
- His needs.
Thanks to your CRM software, you can easily complete your list as a customer makes a purchase or adds a service or item to their cart. At the same time, you can get other important information during the exchange, especially the meeting, email, phone conversation with the client or prospect.
From this data, segment your list of qualified contacts to better personalize your marketing campaigns. When conducting direct marketing activities, it is enough to choose the profiles that best suit you. If you proceed this way, you will be more likely to reach people who are sensitive to your message and therefore get feedback from them.
2. Create an effective message
This is one of the most important steps in the implementation of your direct marketing campaign, because the way you design the message is crucial in whether or not the recipient will take the expected action.
How to get his attention? By offering him an opportunity or making a promise that you will catch up later. Offer him a service, product or bonus after he performs the required action… And what could be more attractive than, for example, a discount or an invitation to an event?
Either way, your message must be convincing, authentic, and relevant to promoting your brand, your company’s strengths, your services, and your products. If the content is persuasive, the prospect or customer will naturally be motivated to respond immediately to the message received to take advantage of the opportunity or promise. Simple but effective!
3. Choose the right means of communication
Choose the right communication channel to send the right message to the right target. Among the various direct marketing tools you have:
New ways of communication
New communication methods favored by many companies make it possible to reach most of their targets using the Internet and mobile phones on a daily basis.
- Online advertising, including display, search or affiliate, prompts a prospect or customer to take action;
- Social marketing and digital marketing are all about using different digital mediums to send your messages. In particular, you can use mobile apps, websites, emails, online videos, social media and mobile apps to reach your target audience;
- Mobile marketing: it’s about communicating a message to a prospect or customer who uses a mobile phone on a daily basis, depending on the news, promotion or its geolocation.
Certain traditional means of self-evidence continue to be used to persuade the target. And it always works!
- The interactive kiosk gives the consumer the opportunity to shop and get information;
- Telemarketing or telemarketing consists of selling a service or product by making telephone calls;
- boxing is a technique for sending personalized ads and offers to a target’s mailbox;
- Email sending makes it easy to reach your targets who check their email on their mobile phones every day. This method is the cheapest among all traditional and recent solutions.
4. Use marketing automation
Using marketing automation software, you can better organize and manage your direct marketing campaigns by scheduling automatic email or text messages to be sent at the right time. This programming profile can be implemented by considering the behavior of the target as well as the timing of the interaction.
5. Monitor and analyze results
Just as it’s important to get your direct marketing strategy right, it’s also important to track and analyze it. In this way, you will be able to detect deficiencies and take measures to improve them. Simply refer to KPIs or performance indicators to learn more about the performance of your operations.
All the obtained results are compared with the expected results. This approach also allows you to know the cost of acquiring a new customer as well as the cost of retaining a customer.